Hi Sandy,
I'm sorry to hear about your health scare. Thank goodness they didn't find anything bad. I'm glad to hear that news.
Sorry I haven't been in contact with you. My dad is still at Research Hospital. It has been 6 weeks now. He is still struggling with a lot of things. His lungs are finally showing a little improvement. I can't believe the dr.'s say after 6 weeks his lungs are only slightly better. He hasn't eaten since Sept 12th. He has a feeding tube in his stomach. He has sores on his feet that we watch because he already had a toe amputated about 10 years ago due to diabetes. His new kidney was doing good until this week. Now his urine output is low and his creatine is creeping up. He's is confused and sad. Someone in my family has been staying with him day and night. We did this when he got out of ICU because he was so weak he couldn't have pushed the nurse call button if he needed anything. Now we are still staying because of his confusion and he may try to get out of bed. He has done therapy and walked a little but he is very unstable. He is so thin, I don't see how his legs even hold him up.
Anyway that's were I've been and that's how his recovery is going. Please pass this info on as well as a prayer request for his kidney to continue working, his lungs to clear, his sores to heal and his mental state to improve.
The girls are good and very helpful and understanding since I'm not home much anymore.
Thanks Sandy.
Teresa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment