Thursday, May 29, 2008

THese went out via email and wanted to post them here:

Some of you know Golden Davis. He is the pastor of Mt Olive church- KC,KS.
SC has supported their ministry in the past.

Golden won a bout with leg cancer last fall but it appears he may be in for another fight this summer as Dr's think he has cancer in one of his lungs. He'll know more Monday.

Please pray for God to remove the Cancer from his lungs.
Please pray that Golden's health will not become a barrier to Golden carrying out God's calling for his life. Please pray for his family


Just wanted to put in a personal prayer request for my Polish daughter, Julia. She leaves 4 weeks from today. Last night at New Community she was very moved by the communion service. She was also extremely contemplative. She painted a polish word on the door and I asked her about it later. The word means, "I believe." Yet when I asked her if she took communion, she said "no" and started to tear up. I asked her why and she said, "I have too many questions." I asked if she wanted to talk last night after NC but she said she didn't have her questions put together. I asked if she'd like to write them down and we could discuss them later. She said she would.

Please pray that God would continue to stir in her heart and make this an unavoidable issue and that we would all be available and willing to sit down with her and let her voice those questions and provide the answers, if it's appropriate.

Thanks so much,
Tracy and Richard Potter

No comments: